Katzen Eye Care & Laser Center is searching for an energetic, patient focused, team oriented Patient Service Representative for our multi-specialty ophthalmology practice in Boynton Beach, Florida. Great work hours, no major holidays, a robust benefits package, a team oriented working environment where you are seen, heard and respected as well as clear career ladder opportunities.
Our Top Candidates will have at least one year of medical front desk experience, preferably in an optometry/ophthalmology practice.
This is your opportunity to join one of the areas most recognized leaders in ophthalmology and optometry. Katzen Eye Care & Laser Center is a multi-subspecialty eye care practice composed of fellowship-trained board-certified ophthalmologists in every subspecialty of ophthalmology. Our goal is to provide each patient with the latest in comprehensive eye care in an efficient, patient-friendly private practice environment.
We are committed to customer service, and making every interaction extraordinary while inspiring the complete confidence of our patients. Our employees contribute directly to the growth and success of our practices, and take pride in being a member of our team. We strongly believe that the manner in which our patients and customers are treated by our employees is as important as the services provided by the doctor.
All of us at Katzen Eye Care & Laser Center are committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe today more than ever; it isn’t speaking the words, but starts with a culture of service, caring and listening and we would thoroughly enjoy meeting with you and discussing our employment opportunities.
A Patient Services Representative will be responsible for checking patients in and out for their ophthalmic/optometric visits, verifying and collecting insurance authorizations, scheduling appointments and in and out bound phone calls as well as computer input.
· Provide gracious, thorough and efficient care to meet the patients needs via face to face communication, phone, email or fax.
· Follow all procedures for complete and accurate check in and check out of patients.
· Schedule return appointments and set up reminder notifications.
· Courteously answer phone calls.
· Collects patient data involving medical, demographic and insurance information.
· Verify patient insurance benefits and pre-authorizations if required
· Identify, research and resolve all customer requests.
· Update all demographic records.
· Collect payment for services, copays
· Maintain, organize, and respond to all correspondence, communication and/or verbal inquiries pertaining to the patients and office.
· Prep charts for the next day
· File charts
· Minimum of a high school diploma.
· Must have the ability to establish confidence and trust with patients.
· Must have the ability to remain calm and professional under pressure or stress.
· Have the ability to provide excellent customer service, communication, telephone and grammar skills.
· Must have an empathetic and compassionate manner.
· Prefer one or more years’ experience working in a medical position where patient contact was required.
· Knowledge of insurance plans is helpful.
· Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
· Ability to perform as part of a team as well as work independently.
· Familiarity with NextGen software program is a plus
In Turn We Will Provide:
· Benefits to full time team members that include comprehensive medical, dental and optical coverage, 401k and short and long term disability.
· Company paid life insurance.
· Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
· Paid parking where applicable.
· Team oriented working environment where you are heard and respected.
· Clear career ladder opportunities.