Hauser Ross Eye Institute needs an experienced Biller to join our team. We are a busy Ophthalmology & Optometry Office who treats all different types of eye conditions This Biller needs a high degree of organizational skills used when dealing with many different insurance company requirements. Knowledge of CPT-4, ICD-10 and ophthalmic coding. Accounting skills are equally important in understanding account transactions, balances, and month-end reports. Some interactions with patients on the telephone is essential.
· Comply with all legal requirements regarding coding procedures and practices.
· Working with medical and vision insurances.
· Assign and sequence all codes for services rendered.
· Completion of claims to payers in timely fashion.
· Communicate with insurance companies about coding errors and disputes.
· Respond to questions and complains from patients or insurance companies.
· Verification on insurance eligibility and benefits.
· Billing medical claims.
· Other duties as assigned
· Commitment to high level of customer service.
· Familiarity with ICD-10 codes and procedures (Ophthalmology).
· Detail oriented--quality and precision –focused.
· Team-oriented--cooperative and collaborative.
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
· At least 5 years or related experience will be preferred