The National Retina Institute (NRI), which provides sophisticated medical and surgical treatment for retinal disorders, including age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, macular holes, retinal detachments and retinal vascular disorders, is seeking a self-motivated, full time, experienced Ophthalmic Scribe.
Job duties include updating medical history, medications and ocular history; documenting complaints; checking CVF, EOM, pupil size and response; checking ETDRS visual acuity; checking IOP; dilating of patients; general clerical tasks; general knowledge of sterilization techniques; and other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Travel, predominantly for our Towson, Owings Mills, Catonsville, Dundalk and Columbia Maryland offices is required for this position.
Minimum of one year experience working as an ophthalmic scribe (preferably in a retina practice)
Skill level advanced enough to effectively navigate EHR software system (preferably Nextgen software
• Fluent in English, bilingual preferred
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Advanced computer skills
• Knowledge of ophthalmic and medication terminology and CPT and ICD-10 coding
• Must exhibit passion for outstanding results and compassion for those we work with and serve
• Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times
• Be a team player and maintain a professional attitude with typical job stress and have a flexible and adaptable nature to work in a continuously evolving and fast paced environment
In Turn We Will Provide:
• Benefits to full-time team members that include comprehensive medical, dental and optical coverage, 401k and short and long term disability
• Company paid life insurance
• Paid holidays and generous paid time off
• Paid parking where applicable
• Team oriented working environment where you are heard and respected
• Clear career ladder opportunities